Dr. Deirdre Carver-Raffa, a board certified Theriogenologist, is recognized by the Zoetis Corporation as an approved semen freezing center at the Town and Country Animal Hospital in Naples, Florida.
Dr. Carver-Raffa has the proven capabilities to run the entire semen management process from on-site collection through computer assisted sperm analysis (CASA), chilling, freezing, DNA testing, on-site temporary storage, off-site long term storage and safe shipment to any destination in the world.
She employs state-of-the-art computer assisted sperm analysis (CASA), semen processing, digital x-ray, ultrasound and rigid endoscopic technologies within a fully equipped reproductive laboratory.
Many breeders employ the storage of frozen semen to facilitate-
- Preservation of valuable genetics beyond the life of an animal
- Availability of semen for insemination even though the stud is physically unavailable
- Access genetic material even after an animal is sold
- Breeding at optimum times
- Access to a wide genetic pool over long distances within the United States and internationally